Thursday, July 4, 2013

A-hunting I Will Go for Raccoons

Love the ARMADILLO!
Cute coons in the bath tub aside, a couple nights ago, I was wakened four times by as many raccoons, one young one in my bedroom who was as surprised to see me as I was to see it. It let out an EEK and headed for the living room and right out the cat door.

There is an adult who comes in and this coon is not destructive. It appears to be a male, large, matted and with a wild, musky smell. However, he does not tear things apart. He simply eats the cat kibble and then sleeps on the window ledge until mid-morn and then heads to his real home. It's the young ones that can destroy an apartment within an hour.

And so I have invested in a Havahart live animal trap and will be catching and releasing...soon. 




No comments:

Post a Comment