Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Cute, He is Not

We are on to Day Eight and Oscar is not getting any better looking. Perhaps when he starts to sprout some fur, maybe in another week or so, he'll start to look like a squirrel and not like some forlorn marsupial escaped from its mother's pouch.


I have been concerned that he's may be constipated so have been thinning his formula to provide more hydration.

Lynne, an expert on the raising of baby squirrels, says he may need some electrolytes and has offered me some fluid, lactated ringer solution, that will help. She also forwarded me a pdf of a squirrel manual which I am finding very helpful.

Thank-you to the many people who have offered advice over the past week. I certainly appreciate it.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, cute he is not. He's got a face only a mama could love. Still, we all looked like that at some point. Ontogeny recapitulates philogeny, after all.

    ReplyDelete